Kateryna Kryvolap is an artist originally from Ukraine who makes her home in Canada. She was raised and educated in an artistic family where she found her passion for fine art.
Although Kateryna creates artwork of different styles, her website is dedicated exclusively to both contemporary decorative and traditional decorative painting styles. According to the artist, her paintings are more than fine art because they carry positive energy that is coded in symbolic decor elements.
Traditional Ukrainian decorative painting arose out of a folk art which was believed to have the magical power to protect from sorrow. Depictions of certain elements such as birds and flowers represented prosperity, harmony, and happiness.
When creating decorative art, Kateryna Kryvolap dedicates her time to the extension of conventional boundaries by incorporation of techniques and styles of the past, adapting them to the trends and materials of the present. Balanced colourful compositions with attention to small details combined with sophistication, tell the viewer about the artist's self-expression, creativity, and aesthetic taste.
Since the perception of art is diverse, people of different nationalities and countries collect Kateryna’s original artwork not only for decoration purposes but in order to possess the new heritage of decorative art.
Participation in exhibitions:
- "DREAMY LANDSCAPES" VIRTUAL EXHIBITION, The LUX Gallery
September 5 – September 26, 2020
- "SQUARE FOOT" ONLINE SHOW, Grand Manan Art Gallery, New Brunswick, Canada
August 1 - December 31, 2020
- "ISLAND ART & ARTISAN" ONLINE SHOW, Grand Manan Art Gallery, New Brunswick, Canada
July 1 - December 31, 2020
- "ART BRINGS CULTURES TOGETHER" Steinbach, MB, Canada
January 8 – February 28, 2020
- "ART SYMPOSIUM" Galleria Merlino Bottega D'Arte, Firenze, Italy December 16 - December 24 , 2019
- "CONTEMPORARY ART TRENDS" Galleria Merlino Firenze, Italy November 23 - December 3, 2019
- "ART SHOPPING PARIS" Paris International Contemporary Art Fair, Carrousel du Louvre Parigi, Paris, France
October 18 - October 20, 2019
- "ART SHOWROOM 2019" Galleria Bottega d’Arte Merlino in Florence, Italy
July 17 - August 31, 2019
- "MosasART" in The Canadian Fossil Discovery Centre in Morden, Manitoba, Canada May - July, 2019